Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Technical Difficulties

Our computer was down for a week with a horrible virus and I am prepared to admit that I was addicted to email! Wow, I felt so disconnected especially from the adoption process. This has been a difficult time, just waiting. (Not for the email, in the adoption process!)

The kids head back to school this week. This will be the first time that Noelle has ever attended public school. She is pretty excited and a little nervous. I can't believe I have a seventh grader and an eleventh grader! I know a lot of parents are glad for school to start. I am not really. I think I will be pretty lonely. Our house feels so empty without the noises of Jake and Noelle.

My plan is to paint a vanity for the bathroom that will be remodeled and then start in on the nursery. I have been putting it off, but I think I am ready to plunge in. I will be sure and post some pictures of both.

I have been reading a great book called "Keep a Quiet Heart" by Elisabeth Elliot. It is actually a collection of articles she wrote for a newsletter. In regard to parenting, I was struck by these questions. "Wouldn't our children learn godliness if they saw the example of contentment instead of complaint? acceptance instead of rebellion? peace instead of frustration?" That is very convicting for me. I don't know that I am too much of a complainer but rebellion and frustration?!

As Scott and I were working on some projects last night he announced that he had learned a new verse. Proverbs 21:19, "It is better to live alone in the desert than with a crabby, complaining wife." I said, "It's a good thing you don't have one!" It sounded like he and the office had had a lot of fun with that verse.

Friday, Scott and I will celebrate 21 one years of mostly wedded bliss! We are headed away for one night to Lanesboro, MN for some kayaking and biking. My dad said, "That sounds like exercise!" It sounds great to me!

Happy Back to School!

No comments: