Saturday, December 8, 2007

Because It's Christmas

So, I've dug out my favorite Christmas music, my house is decorated (well, at least inside) and I need to get ready for our first Christmas party of the season. As I started to prepare my dish for this evening I was struck in a new way about the words on one of my favorite Christmas CDs. The CD is from Truth. I don't even know if they are still around. I see the song was written in 1986 and Barry Manilow was one of the writers. Who knew?

Because It's Christmas

"...Tonight the stars shine for the children
And light the way for dreams to fly
Tonight our love comes
Wrapped in ribbons
The world is right, hopes are high
From a dark and frosted window
A child appears to search the sky
Because it's Christmas

Tonight belongs to all the children
Tonight their joy rings through the air
To all the children everywhere
To see the smiles and hear the laughter
A time to give, a time to share
Because it's Christmas
Now and forever
For all of the children
Children in us all

Somewhere in an orphanage in Liberia my son or daughter waits for me. I can hardly type this with the emotion that is striking me now. I want to hold my child. Kiss him or her and sing "Away in the Manger" as I did to our other children. I pray that next Christmas that will be possible. Lord, I commit our children to your care!

On a lighter note: I have a recipe to share. I have been enjoying this Chai Tea Mix lately. If you put it in a mason jar it makes great gifts for teachers, etc. Enjoy!

1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1 cup French Vanilla flavored powdered creamer
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cardamon

Mix all in a bowl and then a little at a time put into blender. Blend until fine powder. Mix 2 Tbsp into a mug of hot water or milk.

Happy Christmas preparations!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Again. . your music1! Truth? seriously, I can't believe you still have one of theirs!!! You are a hoot, Diane! I LOVE your tastes! Let me guess. . were you a DC Talk and Carman fan too?

Bran