Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Blessed be the name of the Lord!

The last four or five days have been trying in regards to our adoption process. There have been rumors regarding the integrity of our adoption agency. We were alerted to these issues Friday morning by a family that was concerned that we make an informed decision before accepting a referral. We received this information just minutes before Scott was scheduled to leave town. For four days I was left to process this staggering information and seek more details. I felt as if someone had punched me in the stomach. I tried to research other options and pray for wisdom. When Scott returned Monday evening I shared with him the new information I had received. Scott said, "our child is in Liberia and we need to get him or her." That is what was in my heart all weekend. God is so good that He would bless us with this like mindedness. I still pray for His wisdom as we sort through the information that continues to come to us. I pray for protection for us and our child.

As I did my Beth Moore study on Sunday afternoon God blessed me with His presence.

"Have you learned how to let Christ minister to you? Let me make this assignment: let Christ love you today. Curl up in His arms and tell Him you need Him. Until you learn to let Him serve you at the point of your need, you will never be truly free to serve others. "

Zephaniah 3:17: "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

I have never been overly good at visualization. But that afternoon in my kitchen, I let
God draw me up on His lap and comfort me. He is there to meet our every need.

7 comments:

Denise Nelson said...

Dear Diane:
Have you checked into Adoption International? They are a new orphanage in Liberia, looking for pilot families. Check out Donna' blog for information.

Denise in MI

Denise Nelson said...

Dear Diane:
Have you checked into Adoption International? They are a new orphanage in Liberia, looking for pilot families. Check out Donna' blog for information.

Denise in MI

Amber G. said...

Praying for your child, too! I'm glad you both had the same sense... It helps so much to have a strong word to stand on.

Love ya!
Amber

Heart4Adoption said...

I'm so glad that you and your husband are of one mind. Continue to stand strong on Truth. This is a roller coaster ride but God is in it! Tanya in NE

Brandi said...

Praying for you. . .and your little one somewhere in Liberia this Christmas!

Brandi

Donna Barber said...

Good for you- God will direct your adoption. Sometimes in ways you would never expect.

From Five to Eight said...

Diane,
I love that verse from Zephania! It's one that really spoke with me last summer. God is mighty to save...He knows these children and their needs and will take great delight in bringing them home!
Teresa