Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Jewels

I finished reading Kay Warren's book, "Dangerous Surrender", and listening to the accompanying information on her website. Her are just a couple of the things that struck me:

*Luke 12:48, "Much is required from those to whom much is given."

*Ephesians 6:12, "This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels." (the Message)

*"The Lord of all calls us to live lives of love, mercy, and grace thus making the invisible God visible. It's not a matter of one or the other; we must care for both body and soul. We are Christ's ambassadors. If we fail, he has no plan B."

*"Become a positive advocate for you own local church by speaking well of it, in spite of its limitations." Maybe for most of you this is a no-brainer, but our church has been in turmoil for so long that some days this is a hard one for me.

*God wants us to be surrendered, disturbed and ruined for his people!

On the adoption front the Lord is teaching me patience, which is a character quality I have always said I do not have. We received the DVD of waiting children Friday night. Noelle and I anxiously watched it. Not Scott and I, because he was out of town. We feel like we know exactly which children are ours. We're dying for Scott to get home. He does, Sunday night at midnight. Monday night he falls asleep at 7:00 and sleeps until 6:00 this morning. Obviously the man needed sleep, but enough already! So we are praying that tonight we can sit down as a family and contemplate this huge issue before us. Talk about life changing! I am hoping that without too much encouragement that Jake will join us, at least for awhile. More as soon as I know more!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angel said...

Thanks for your comment girl. Can't wait to hear your 2 cents!!
:0) Angel

Brandi said...

I love it. . .you crack me up!

Bran

PS I can imagine that you and Noelle are quite the pair!