Thursday, July 10, 2008

This stinks!

I don't know how else to put it...this stinks!! Jessica from CHI just called and we have been given a court date of October 3. So almost 3 months from now we may hear the status of our adoption, assuming nothing goes wrong. I have no idea how those adopting from China can handle the long wait that they endure. I feel just sick right now. I can't see the sense in this.

Isaiah 55:8&9
"'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the Lord. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.'"

Adoption is not for the feint of heart. Someone said that, and it is so true. Last April when we decided to pursue adoption, I was 40 years old. Tomorrow I will turn 42. I so wanted to hear that we would be traveling soon. I know that time goes quickly, but October seems like forever. My darling child may learn to walk before I meet her. It is breaking my heart.

For those of you that know our sweet son, Jake. You can be praying for him. He is now in Argentina for a month long trip with Teen Mania/Global Expeditions. Noelle says that being an only child is no fun! Pray for his safety, that he would draw close to God, and for his food choices (he is fructose intolerant).

2 comments:

emily said...

Oh I am so sorry about the news of your court date! I was coming to give you the very scripture that you used on this post. We can't begin to understand His ways or timing but we must trust that He does all things for our good and His glory!!!

It is a bummer though. Where is baby S? Is she at KVI? If so, and we pass before the courts close- I would be happy to visit her for you.

Brandi said...

Oh. . .that's so hard! It's so hard to make sense of God wanting our kids at oraphanages LONGER than we think necessary. I have to cling to "God's ways are not my ways" b/c it sure doesn't make sense to me. I'm thankful that it does to Him though!

Love you. . happy birthday!!

Brandi