Saturday, September 8, 2007

At a standstill

I think we will probably be in this state for awhile, adoption wise anyway. I am anxious to hear from AoH that they have our materials and have approved us for the adoption process. Things have really slowed down in Liberia, partially in response to unethical procedures in other agencies. The one good thing is that when we receive a referral it will be less likely to have trouble later. Some families are experiencing terrific heartbreak right now as different issues are attempting to be resolved regarding children whose referrals they have had for some time. I cannot imagine. I already feel as if our child is out there somewhere waiting for us. I appreciate so much your prayers regarding our adoption and the different stresses that are arising during the process. During my quiet time this morning I was reminded that God's ways are not our ways. In Matthew 16:23 Jesus tells Peter,"You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, and not from God's.", NLT. Praise the Lord, His point of view is so much better than ours!

1 comment:

Mark & Christy Daigle said...

Dear Aunt Diane & Uncle Scott, Jake & Noelle,
Are you excited? What have you found out yet? And what have you been doing? I've been going outside and starting school and fall! How's school going so far? My school is going good.
Love,
Micah and Mama and Papa and Naomi and Oliver!