Friday, October 24, 2008

So much to say

I have wanted to blog, literally, for weeks. Our home has been under a lot of stress. Mostly, however, it is not (directly, anyway!) my stress. So I have struggled with how much to share. Scott is having a hard time with the stock market. That doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is. Suffice to say that his clients are so lucky. He cares about them very much!

Noelle has been struggling with many things, both physical and emotional. Sometimes the hardest part has been deciding which are which. She will be going back to Walnut Ridge, a private Christian school, on Monday. Not an easy choice to make.

Jake is doing really well. But life is full of new things for a 16 year old almost man. Dances, girls, choices about spare time, learning about money, etc. He got a job at Target! Yeah, Jake. But he says the discount is just for him. I asked how much the discount was, and he didn't even know. OK, I am pretty sure I would have considered that a benefit worth knowing about! Get this...he sold his Xbox 360. If you don't have teenagers you might not know what a big deal this is but...WOW! I just pray that we don't "neglect" him in the face of all the "crises" we are dealing with. Man, I love my kids!!

Which leads us to child #3. The one "stuck" in Ethiopia. Our new court date is October 30th. God's plan is so much better than my plan. If she had passed on her original date I have no idea how we would have travelled. There are still many miracles to occur for us to travel in November, praying that she passes this time. I do have a volunteer to travel with me if Scott is unable. Thank you, Christy (my sister-in-law, sister in my heart)! We can pretend that we are on Amazing Race. Speaking of which, there is a local one-day version I am dying to do, wish you were here! You have to be 18 or Jake would love to do it! He says I should call and ask, at 6'2" he can probably pass for 18.

Then there's me. God is so taking care of me! With a little earthly help from my mom. Praise the Lord for her. She is a retired counselor which helps in so many ways. Yesterday, the day I took care of the school stuff for Noelle, was a little stressful. But pretty much, if I feel like if I am heading for the edge, HE pulls me back.

The greatest thing, is that God is pulling Scott and I, especially Scott, right into His waiting arms!

3 comments:

emily said...

Exactly where He wants you to be! Hang in there, praying for your court date.

theMom said...

Hi Diane,

Here are my favorites in time of need.

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God

Psalm 103:1-2, 13-14 Bless the LORD, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits

As a father pities his children, So the LORD pities those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust.

Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.

theMom said...

Hi Diane,

Here are my favorites in time of need.

Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God

Psalm 103:1-2, 13-14 Bless the LORD, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits

As a father pities his children, So the LORD pities those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust.

Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.