Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sand Lake 2011


For possibly the last year, we spent our family vacation at Sand Lake in Northern Minnesota.
I say that because though it is a wonderful place with lots of amazing memories...
I am tired of cooking and doing dishes three times a day on "vacation".
We stopped in Minneapolis on the way up and back and were able to see the Daigles.


Noelle and her friend, Alli, at the hotel pool on the way up.
Teme joined a water basketball game and
Sabrina played with Oliver in the shallow end!



Fishing off the dock with Daddy, and Matt.



So patriotic!



We had lots of fun tubing, knee boarding and skiing.
Though my skiing turned out to be quite expensive.
First, I noticed that I lost my watch, a pretty
inexpensive Timex sport watch. Sabrina says it is in Oceana.
Then...I noticed that I lost one of my diamond earrings!
I know, why on earth was I wearing them:(



Teme and Tyler Gerdes.



Feeding the ducks, with Anna.



4th of July!
But the bugs were so bad that we didn't last too long outside.




The best part of vacation, kayaking the Bowstring River.
Noelle and Alli.



Teme wasn't sure he was going to make it until he took the lead.
Then he was ready to stay in the lead!



Working hard or hardly working?
P.S. Jake was in Europe when we left so he did not join us this year.

No comments: