Sunday, November 2, 2008

Good reading.

An amazing book about the struggle of families in Northern Uganda. "Some day when you stand before God and He asks, 'Did you know about what was going on in Northern Uganda?' What will you say? If He asks, 'Did you know children were being murdered, raped and abducted? What did you do?" U.S. Senator Sam Brownback (from Kansas) I haven't decided what my response will be. I want to look at sponsoring a child. I need to find out where Uganda is in this conflict today.
My mom and my sister recommended this one. Apparently there is some outcry by the Christian community about how God is portrayed. I am comforted by this portrayal of God. I love the picture of the trinity. If you need to feel God's arms wrapped around you, this is a great place to start.

I started this book quite a while ago and got distracted. It would make a great daily devotional. The subtitle is "Trusting God Takes You to Amazing Places". Who doesn't want that!

No new news on Sabrina. How I love being able to type her name!!! We are anxiously awaiting assignment of an embassy date. Then we can make our travel plans. Scott IS going with me. Yeah!! There was a little question, but that has been resolved. Thanks, Christy, for being our "back up plan".

No comments: