Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"My Heart's Cry"


My parents sent me a box of books. Thanks Mom and Dad. In order to encourage my spiritual journey, I decided I would read one Christian book then one fiction. So this book is the first one I chose; written by Anne Graham Lotz. To be honest I am not in love with her writing style. She interrupts her writing with poetic lists way too often. But the following passage struck me:

"Actually, for the majority of people, including Christian leaders and teachers, life is just not fair! It's hard and often unlike what we expect."

The endnotes add, "While life is unfair and hard for everyone, Christians and non-Christians alike, the Christian has a decided advantage because we know our pressures, pain, and problems are not wasted. They serve a divine purpose that is ultimately for our good and God's glory."

Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them."

No comments: