Friday, April 11, 2014

Spiritual encouragement

I am trying to spend time in the word and in Christian books. I am reading in Acts currently. Paul is in Athens and he is teaching about this "new religion" (NLT). As he is defending/explaining, I was struck by how great our God is; how able He is! (Able to take us through this time of separation and illness!)

Acts 17:24-28,

"He is the God who made the world and everything in it. Since He is Lord of heaven and earth, He doesn't live in man-made temples, and human hands can't serve His needs - for He has no needs. He Himself gives life and breath to everything, and He satisfies every need there is. From one man He created all the nations throughout the whole earth. He decided beforehand which should rise and fall, and He determined their boundaries. His purpose in all of this was that the nations should seek after God and perhaps feel their way toward Him and find Him - though he is not far from any one of us. For in Him we live and move and exist. As one of your own poets says, 'We are His offspring.'"

I am also reading Lysa Terkeurst's "What Happens When Women Walk in Faith". It is really a devotional. It is a study of "the five phases of faith you'll pass through to achieve your dream". I don't feel as if I am really in the pursuit of a dream currently. At least not personally. WE are in pursuit of Noelle's healing. Compared to when we were in pursuit of God's calling to adoption, I am frustrated by a lack of spiritual calling in my life right now.

The books second phase is Famine. My heart resonates with that right now. Terkeurst says, "God sees you trying. He knows when you are doing the best you can."

But am I really doing my best...

No comments: